- [noun] a written assurance that some product or service will be provided or will meet certain specifications
Synonyms: warrant, warrantee, warranty
- [noun] a pledge that something will happen or that something is true; "there is no guarantee that they are not lying"
- [noun] a collateral agreement to answer for the debt of another in case that person defaults
- [verb] give surety or assume responsibility; "I vouch for the quality of my products"
- [verb] make certain of; "This nest egg will ensure a nice retirement for us"; "Preparation will guarantee success!"
Synonyms: ensure, insure, assure, secure
- [verb] promise to do or accomplish; "guarantee to free the prisoners"
- [verb] stand behind and guarantee the quality, accuracy, or condition of; "The dealer warrants all the cars he sells"; "I warrant this information"