- [adjective] enjoying or showing or marked by joy or pleasure or good fortune; "a happy smile"; "spent many happy days on the beach"; "a happy marriage"
- [adjective] experiencing pleasure or joy; "happy you are here"; "pleased with the good news"
- [adjective] marked by good fortune; "a felicitous life"; "a happy outcome"
- [adjective] satisfied; enjoying well-being and contentment; "felt content with her lot"; "quite happy to let things go on as they are"
- [adjective] exaggerated feeling of well-being or elation
- [adjective] well expressed and to the point; "a happy turn of phrase"; "a few well-chosen words"; "a felicitous comment"