- [noun] a sheltered port where ships can take on or discharge cargo
Synonyms: seaport, haven, harbour
- [noun] a place of refuge and comfort and security
- [verb] maintain (a theory, thoughts, or feelings); "bear a grudge"; "entertain interesting notions"; "harbor a resentment"
Synonyms: harbour, hold, entertain, nurse
- [verb] secretly shelter (as of fugitives or criminals)
- [verb] keep in one's possession; of animals
- [verb] hold back a thought or feeling about; "She is harboring a grudge against him"
Synonyms: harbour, shield