- [noun] a support consisting of an arrangement of straps for holding something to the body (especially one supporting a person suspended from a parachute)
- [noun] stable gear consisting of an arrangement of leather straps fitted to a draft animal so that it can be attached to and pull a cart
- [verb] put a harness; "harness the horse"
- [verb] exploit the power of; "harness natural forces and resources"
- [verb] control and direct with or as if by reins; "rein a horse"
Synonyms: rein in, draw rein, rein
- [verb] keep in check; "rule one's temper"
Synonyms: rule, rein