- [noun] a line of text serving to indicate what the passage below it is about; "the heading seemed to have little to do with the text"
Synonyms: heading, head
- [noun] horizontal beam used as a finishing piece over a door or window
- [noun] brick that is laid sideways at the top of a wall
Synonyms: coping, cope
- [noun] a framing member crossing and supporting the ends of joists, studs, or rafters so as to transfer their weight to parallel joists, studs, or rafters
- [noun] a machine that cuts the heads off grain and moves them into a wagon
- [noun] (soccer) the act of hitting the ball with your head
- [noun] a headlong jump (or fall); "he took a header into the shrubbery"