- [noun] leisure time away from work devoted to rest or pleasure; "we get two weeks of vacation every summer"; "we took a short holiday in Puerto Rico"
- [noun] a day on which work is suspended by law or custom; "no mail is delivered on federal holidays"; "it's a good thing that New Year's was a holiday because everyone had a hangover"
- [verb] spend or take a vacation
- Search for synonyms for HOLIDAY
- field day, outing, picnic
- paid vacation
- feast day, fete day
- religious holiday, holy day
- Christmas Eve, Dec 24
- legal holiday, national holiday
- Remembrance Day, Remembrance Sunday, Poppy Day