- [noun] something that is inferred (deduced or entailed or implied); "his resignation had political implications"
Synonyms: deduction, entailment
- [noun] a meaning that is not expressly stated but can be inferred; "the significance of his remark became clear only later"; "the expectation was spread both by word and by implication"
Synonyms: significance, import
- [noun] an accusation that brings into intimate and usually incriminating connection
- [noun] a logical relation between propositions p and q of the form `if p then q'; if p is true then q cannot be false
Synonyms: logical conditional relation
- [noun] a relation implicated by virtue of involvement or close connection (especially an incriminating involvement); "he was suspected of implication in several robberies"