- [noun] an order for goods to be exported or imported
- [noun] the space left between the margin and the start of an indented line
Synonyms: ation, ure
- [verb] set in from the margin; "Indent the paragraphs of a letter"
- [verb] cut or tear along an irregular line so that the parts can later be matched for authentication; "indent the documents"
- [verb] make a depression into; "The bicycle dented my car"
- [verb] notch the edge of or make jagged
- [verb] bind by or as if by indentures, as of an apprentice or servant; "an indentured servant"