- [noun] a promotional statement (as found on the dust jackets of books); "the author got all his friends to write blurbs for his book"
Synonyms: endorsement, blurb
- [noun] a speech seconding a motion; "do I hear a second?"
Synonyms: second, secondment, endorsement
- [noun] formal and explicit approval; "a Democrat usually gets the union's endorsement"
Synonyms: sanction, countenance, endorsement, warrant, imprimatur
- [noun] a signature that validates something; "the cashier would not cash the check without an endorsement"
- [noun] the act of endorsing; "a star athlete can make a lot of money from endorsements"