- [noun] a very short time (as the time it takes the eye blink or the heart to beat); "if I had the chance I'd do it in a flash"
Synonyms: blink of an eye, flash, heartbeat, jiffy, split second, trice, twinkling, wink, New York minute
- [noun] a particular point in time; "the moment he arrived the party began"
Synonyms: moment, minute, second
- [adjective] occurring with no delay; "relief was instantaneous"; "instant gratification"
- [adjective] in or of the present month; "your letter of the 10th inst"
- [adjective] demanding attention; "clamant needs"; "a crying need"; "regarded literary questions as exigent and momentous"- H.L.Mencken; "insistent hunger"; "an instant need"
Synonyms: clamant, crying, exigent, insistent