- [verb] impart gradually; "Her presence instilled faith into the children"; "transfuse love of music into the students"
- [verb] enter drop by drop; "instill medication into my eye"
- [verb] produce or try to produce a vivid impression of; "Mother tried to ingrain respect for our elders in us"
Synonyms: impress, ingrain
- [verb] teach and impress by frequent repetitions or admonitions; "inculcate values into the young generation"
Synonyms: inculcate, infuse
- [verb] fill, as with a certain quality; "The heavy traffic tinctures the air with carbon monoxide"
Synonyms: impregnate, infuse, tincture