- [verb] impart skills or knowledge to; "I taught them French"; "He instructed me in building a boat"
Synonyms: teach, learn
- [verb] give instructions or directions for some task; "She instructed the students to work on their pronounciation"
- [verb] make aware of; "Have the students been apprised of the tuition hike?"
Synonyms: apprise, apprize
- Search for synonyms for INSTRUCT
- train, develop, prepare, educate
- catechize, catechise
- reinforce, reward
- lecture, talk
- coach, train
- enlighten, edify