- [noun] a heavy ductile magnetic metallic element; is silver-white in pure form but readily rusts; used in construction and tools and armament; plays a role in the transport of oxygen by the blood
Synonyms: Fe, atomic number 26
- [noun] a golf club that has a relatively narrow metal head
- [noun] metal shackles; for hands or legs
Synonyms: chain, chains
- [noun] implement used to brand live stock
- [noun] home appliance consisting of a flat metal base that is heated and used to smooth cloth
- [verb] press and smooth with a heated iron; "press your shirts"
- [adjective] extremely robust; "an iron constitution"