- [noun] the psychological state of being irritated or annoyed
Synonyms: annoyance, vexation, botheration
- [noun] a sudden outburst of anger; "his temper sparked like damp firewood"
Synonyms: pique, temper
- [noun] (pathology) abnormal sensitivity to stimulation; "any food produced irritation of the stomach"
- [noun] the neural or electrical arousal of an organ or muscle or gland
Synonyms: excitation, innervation
- [noun] an uncomfortable feeling in some part of the body
Synonyms: discomfort, soreness
- [noun] unfriendly behavior that causes anger or resentment
Synonyms: aggravation, provocation
- [noun] the act of troubling or annoying someone
Synonyms: annoyance, annoying, vexation