- [noun] a dull stupid fatuous person
- [noun] an abrupt spasmodic movement
Synonyms: ing, jolt
- [noun] (mechanics) the rate of change of velocity
Synonyms: rate of acceleration
- [noun] a sudden abrupt pull
- [verb] pull, or move with a sudden movement; "He turned the handle and jerked the door open"
- [verb] move with abrupt, seemingly uncontrolled motions; "The patient's legs were jerkings"
- [verb] make an uncontrolled, short, jerky motion; "his face is twitching"
- [verb] jump vertically, with legs stiff and back arched; "the yung filly bucked"
Synonyms: buck, hitch
- [verb] throw or toss with a quick motion; "flick a piece of paper across the table"; "jerk his head"