- [noun] a segment of the trunk of a tree when stripped of branches
- [noun] large log at the back of a hearth fire
- [noun] the exponent required to produce a given number
- [noun] a written record of messages sent or received; "they kept a log of all transmission by the radio station"; "an email log"
- [noun] a written record of events on a voyage (of a ship or plane)
- [noun] measuring instrument that consists of a float that trails from a ship by a knotted line in order to measure the ship's speed through the water
- [verb] enter into a log, as on ships and planes
- [verb] cut lumber, as in woods and forests