- [verb] make loose or looser; "loosen the tension on a rope"
- [verb] make less severe or strict; "The government relaxed the curfew after most of the rebels were caught"
- [verb] become less severe or strict; "The rules relaxed after the new director arrived"
- [verb] disentangle and raise the fibers of; "tease wool"
Synonyms: tease, tease apart
- [verb] cause to become loose; "undo the shoelace"; "untie the knot"; "loosen the necktie"
Synonyms: untie, undo
- [verb] make less dense; "loosen the soil"
- [verb] become loose or looser or less tight; "The noose loosened"; "the rope relaxed"
Synonyms: relax, loose