- [noun] the fatty network of connective tissue that fills the cavities of bones
- [noun] any of various squash plants grown for their elongated fruit with smooth dark green skin and whitish flesh
Synonyms: squash, vegetable
- [noun] very tender and very nutritious tissue from marrowbones
- [noun] large elongated squash with creamy to deep green skins
- [noun] the choicest or most essential or most vital part of some idea or experience; "the gist of the prosecutor's argument"; "the heart and soul of the Republican Party"; "the nub of the story"
Synonyms: kernel, substance, core, center, essence, gist, heart, heart and soul, inwardness, meat, nub, pith, sum, nitty-gritty