- [noun] an organization of missionaries in a foreign land sent to carry on religious work
Synonyms: ary post, ary station, foreign
- [noun] an operation that is assigned by a higher headquarters; "the planes were on a bombing mission"
- [noun] a special assignment that is given to a person or group; "a confidential mission to London"; "his charge was deliver a message"
Synonyms: charge, com
- [noun] the organized work of a religious missionary
Synonyms: ary work
- [noun] a group of representatives or delegates
Synonyms: deputation, comdelegation, delegacy