- [noun] a narrow strait connecting two bodies of water
- [verb] make or become more narrow or restricted; "The selection was narrowed"; "The road narrowed"
- [verb] define clearly; "I cannot narrow down the rules for this game"
Synonyms: pin down, peg down, nail down, down, specify
- [verb] become more special; "We specialize in dried flowers"
Synonyms: specialize, specialise, down
- [verb] become tight or as if tight; "Her throat constricted"
Synonyms: constrict, constringe
- [adjective] not wide; "a narrow bridge"; "a narrow line across the page"
- [adjective] limited in size or scope; "the narrow sense of a word"
- [adjective] lacking tolerance or flexibility or breadth of view; "a brilliant but narrow-minded judge"; "narrow opinions"
- [adjective] very limited in degree; "won by a narrow margin"; "a narrow escape"
- [adjective] characterized by painstaking care and detailed examination; "a minute inspection of the grounds"; "a narrow scrutiny"; "an exact and minute report"