- [adjective] clean or orderly; "her neat dress"; "a neat room"
- [adjective] showing care in execution; "neat homework"; "neat handwriting"
- [adjective] free from what is tawdry or unbecoming; "a neat style"; "a neat set of rules"; "she hated to have her neat plans upset"
Synonyms: refined, tasteful
- [adjective] free from clumsiness; precisely or deftly executed; "he landed a clean left on his opponent's cheek"; "a clean throw"; "the neat exactness of the surgeon's knife"
- [adjective] very good; "he did a bully job"; "a neat sports car"; "had a great time at the party"; "you look simply smashing"
Synonyms: bang-up, bully, corking, cracking, dandy, great, groovy, keen, nifty, not bad, peachy, slap-up, swell, smashing
- [adjective] without water; "took his whiskey neat"
Synonyms: straight, full-strength