- [noun] a sign of assent or salutation or command
- [noun] the act of nodding the head
- [verb] express or signify by nodding; "He nodded his approval"
- [verb] lower and raise the head, as to indicate assent or agreement or confirmation; "The teacher nodded when the student gave the right answer"
- [verb] let the head fall forward through drowsiness; "The old man was nodding in his chair"
- [verb] sway gently back and forth, as is in a nodding motion; "the flowers were nodding in the breeze"
- [verb] be almost asleep; "The old man sat nodding by the fireplace"