- [noun] the goal intended to be attained (and which is believed to be attainable); "the sole object of her trip was to see her children"
Synonyms: aim, object, target
- [noun] the lens or system of lenses nearest the object being viewed
Synonyms: object glass
- [adjective] undistorted by emotion or personal bias; based on observable phenomena; "an objective appraisal"; "objective evidence"
- [adjective] serving as or indicating the object of a verb or of certain prepositions and used for certain other purposes; "objective case"; "accusative endings"
- [adjective] emphasizing or expressing things as perceived without distortion of personal feelings or interpretation; "objective art"
- [adjective] belonging to immediate experience of actual things or events; "concrete benefits"; "a concrete example"; "there is no objective evidence of anything of the kind"