- [noun] a soldier who serves as an attendant to a superior officer; "the orderly laid out the general's uniform"
- [noun] a male hospital attendant who has general non-medical duties
Synonyms: hospital attendant
- [adjective] devoid of violence or disruption; "an orderly crowd confronted the president"
- [adjective] according to custom or rule or natural law
Synonyms: lawful, rule-governed
- [adjective] not haphazard; "a series of orderly actions at regular hours"
- [adjective] marked by or adhering to method or system; "a clean orderly man"; "an orderly mind"; "an orderly desk"
- [adjective] marked by system or regularity or discipline; "a quiet ordered house"; "an orderly universe"; "a well regulated life"
Synonyms: ordered, regulated
- [adjective] marked by an orderly, logical, and aesthetically consistent relation of parts; "a logical argument"; "the orderly presentation"
Synonyms: consistent, logical, ordered