- [noun] a fertilizer that is derived from animal or vegetable matter
Synonyms: fertilizer, fertiliser
- [adjective] relating or belonging to the class of chemical compounds having a carbon basis; "hydrocarbons are organic compounds"
- [adjective] of or relating to or derived from living organisms; "organic soil"
- [adjective] being or relating to or derived from or having properties characteristic of living organisms; "organic life"; "organic growth"; "organic remains found in rock"
- [adjective] involving or affecting physiology or bodily organs; "an organic disease"
- [adjective] of or relating to foodstuff grown or raised without synthetic fertilizers or pesticides or hormones; "organic eggs"; "organic vegetables"; "organic chicken"
- [adjective] simple and healthful and close to nature; "an organic lifestyle"
- [adjective] constitutional in the structure of something (especially your physical makeup)
Synonyms: constituent, constitutional, constitutive