- [noun] small wooden bat with a flat surface; used for hitting balls in various games
- [noun] a blade of a paddle wheel or water wheel
- [noun] an instrument of punishment consisting of a flat board
- [noun] a short light oar used without an oarlock to propel a canoe or small boat
- [verb] propel with a paddle; "paddle your own canoe"
- [verb] play in or as if in water, as of small children
Synonyms: dabble, splash around
- [verb] swim like a dog in shallow water
- [verb] walk unsteadily; "small children toddle"
Synonyms: toddle, coggle, totter, dodder, waddle
- [verb] give a spanking to; subject to a spanking
Synonyms: spank, larrup
- [verb] stir with a paddle