- [verb] make a passage or journey from one place to another
Synonyms: transit, pass through, pass across
- [verb] bypass; "He skipped a row in the text and so the sentence was incomprehensible"
Synonyms: jump, skip, skip over
- [verb] travel across or pass over; "The caravan covered almost 100 miles each day"
Synonyms: traverse, track, cover, cross, get over, get across, cut through, cut across
- [verb] fly over; "The plane passed over Damascus"
- [verb] rub with a circular motion; "wipe the blackboard"