- [noun] a wooden pin pushed or driven into a surface
- [noun] small markers inserted into a surface to mark scores or define locations etc.
- [noun] informal terms of the leg; "fever left him weak on his sticks"
Synonyms: pin, stick
- [noun] a prosthesis that replaces a missing leg
Synonyms: wooden leg, leg, leg
- [noun] regulator that can be turned to regulate the pitch of the strings of a stringed instrument
- [noun] a holder attached to the gunwale of a boat that holds the oar in place and acts as a fulcrum for rowing
Synonyms: pin, thole, tholepin, rowlock, oarlock
- [verb] succeed in obtaining a position; "He nailed down a spot at Harvard"
Synonyms: nail down, nail
- [verb] pierce with a wooden pin or knock or thrust a wooden pin into into
- [verb] fasten or secure with a wooden pin; "peg a tent"
- [verb] stabilize (the price of a commodity or an exchange rate) by legislation or market operations; "The weak currency was pegged to the US Dollar"