- [noun] a source of danger; a possibility of incurring loss or misfortune; "drinking alcohol is a health hazard"
Synonyms: hazard, jeopardy, risk
- [noun] a state of danger involving risk
- [noun] a venture undertaken without regard to possible loss or injury; "he saw the rewards but not the risks of crime"; "there was a danger he would do the wrong thing"
Synonyms: risk, danger
- [verb] pose a threat to; present a danger to; "The pollution is endangering the crops"
Synonyms: endanger, jeopardize, jeopardise, menace, threaten, im
- [verb] put in a dangerous, disadvantageous, or difficult position
Synonyms: queer, expose, scupper, endanger