- [adjective] involving the body as distinguished from the mind or spirit; "physical exercise"; "physical suffering"; "was sloppy about everything but her physical appearance"
- [adjective] relating to the sciences dealing with matter and energy; especially physics; "physical sciences"; "physical laws"
- [adjective] having substance or material existence; perceptible to the senses; "a physical manifestation"; "surrounded by tangible objects"
Synonyms: tangible, touchable
- [adjective] according with material things or natural laws (other than those peculiar to living matter); "a reflex response to physical stimuli"
- [adjective] characterized by energetic bodily activity; "tennis is an active sport"; "a very physical dance performance"
- [adjective] concerned with material things; "physical properties"; "the physical characteristics of the earth"; "the physical size of a computer"
- [adjective] impelled by physical force especially against resistance; "forcible entry"; "a real cop would get physical"; "strong-arm tactics"
Synonyms: forcible, strong-arm