- [noun] something that resembles a pill in shape or size
- [noun] a dose of medicine in the form of a small pellet
Synonyms: lozenge, tablet, tab
- [noun] a unpleasant or tiresome person
- [noun] something unpleasant or offensive that must be tolerated or endured; "his competitor's success was a bitter pill to take"
- [noun] a contraceptive in the form of a pill containing estrogen and progestin to inhibit ovulation and so prevent conception
Synonyms: birth control contraceptive oral contraceptive oral contraceptive, anovulatory drug, anovulant