- [noun] an excavation that is (usually) filled with water
- [noun] a small lake; "the pond was too small for sailing"
- [noun] an organization of people or resources that can be shared; "a car pool"; "a secretarial pool"; "when he was first hired he was assigned to the pool"
- [noun] an association of companies for some definite purpose
Synonyms: consortium, syndicate
- [noun] any communal combination of funds; "everyone contributed to the pool"
- [noun] a small body of standing water (rainwater) or other liquid; "there were puddles of muddy water in the road after the rain"; "the body lay in a pool of blood"
- [noun] the combined stakes of the betters
- [noun] something resembling a pool of liquid; "he stood in a pool of light"; "his chair sat in a puddle of books and magazines"
- [noun] any of various games played on a pool table having 6 pockets
Synonyms: pocket billiards
- [verb] combine into a common fund; "We pooled resources"
- [verb] join or form a pool of people