- [noun] position or arrangement of the body and its limbs; "he assumed an attitude of surrender"
Synonyms: position, attitude
- [noun] characteristic way of bearing one's body; "stood with good posture"
Synonyms: carriage, bearing
- [noun] a rationalized mental attitude
Synonyms: position, stance
- [noun] capability in terms of personnel and materiel that affect the capacity to fight a war; "we faced an army of great strength"; "politicians have neglected our military posture"
Synonyms: military capability, military strength, strength, military
- [verb] behave affectedly or unnaturally in order to impress others; "Don't pay any attention to him
- [verb] assume a posture as for artistic purposes; "We don't know the woman who posed for Leonardo so often"
Synonyms: model, pose, sit