- [noun] the state of being present; current existence; "he tested for the presence of radon"
- [noun] the immediate proximity of someone or something; "she blushed in his presence"; "he sensed the presence of danger"; "he was well behaved in front of company"
- [noun] an invisible spiritual being felt to be nearby
- [noun] the impression that something is present; "he felt the presence of an evil force"
- [noun] dignified manner or conduct
Synonyms: bearing, comportment, mien
- [noun] the act of being present