- [verb] be larger in number, quantity, power, status or importance; "Money reigns supreme here"; "Hispanics predominate in this neighborhood"
Synonyms: predominate, dominate, rule, reign
- [verb] be valid, applicable, or true; "This theory still holds"
Synonyms: hold, obtain
- [verb] continue to exist; "These stories die hard"; "The legend of Elvis endures"
Synonyms: persist, die hard, run, endure
- [verb] prove superior; "The champion prevailed, though it was a hard fight"
- [verb] use persuasion successfully; "He prevailed upon her to visit his parents"