- [noun] a tense of verbs used in describing action that is on-going
Synonyms: tense, imperfect, imperfect tense, continuous tense
- [noun] a person who favors a political philosophy of progress and reform and the protection of civil liberties
- [adjective] favoring or promoting progress; "progressive schools"
- [adjective] favoring or promoting reform (often by government action)
Synonyms: reformist, reform-minded
- [adjective] (of taxes) adjusted so that the rate increases as the amount increases
- [adjective] gradually advancing in extent
- [adjective] advancing in severity; "progressive paralysis"