- [noun] a heavy iron lever with one end forged into a wedge
Synonyms: crowbar, wrecking bar, bar
- [verb] to move or force, especially in an effort to get something open; "The burglar jimmied the lock", "Raccoons managed to pry the lid off the garbage pail"
Synonyms: prise, prize, lever, jimmy
- [verb] be nosey; "Don't pry into my personal matters!"
- [verb] search or inquire in a meddlesome way; "This guy is always nosing around the office"
Synonyms: nose, poke
- [verb] make an uninvited or presumptuous inquiry; "They pried the information out of him"