- [noun] a mixture of wet clay and sand that can be used to line a pond and that is impervious to water when dry
- [noun] a small body of standing water (rainwater) or other liquid; "there were puddles of muddy water in the road after the rain"; "the body lay in a pool of blood"
- [noun] something resembling a pool of liquid; "he stood in a pool of light"; "his chair sat in a puddle of books and magazines"
- [verb] wade or dabble in a puddle; "The ducks and geese puddled in the backyard"
- [verb] subject to puddling or form by puddling; "puddle iron"
- [verb] dip into mud before planting; "puddle young plants"
- [verb] work a wet mixture, such as concrete or mud
- [verb] mess around, as in a liquid or paste; "The children are having fun puddling in paint"
- [verb] make into a puddle; "puddled mire"
- [verb] make a puddle by splashing water
- [verb] mix up or confuse; "He muddled the issues"
Synonyms: addle, muddle
- [verb] eliminate urine; "Again, the cat had made on the expensive rug"
Synonyms: make, urinate, piddle, micturate, piss, pee, pee-pee, make water, relieve oneself, take a leak, spend a penny, wee, wee-wee, pass water