- [noun] formerly the basic unit of money in Ireland; equal to 100 pence
Synonyms: Irish pound, Irish pound
- [noun] an open flat-bottomed boat used in shallow waters and propelled by a long pole
- [noun] (football) a kick in which the football is dropped from the hands and kicked before it touches the ground; "the punt traveled 50 yards"; "punting is an important part of the game"
- [verb] kick the ball
- [verb] propel with a pole; "pole barges on the river"; "We went punting in Cambridge"
- [verb] place a bet on; "Which horse are you backing?"; "I'm betting on the new horse"
Synonyms: bet on, back, gage, stake, game