- [verb] hold back to a later time; "let's postpone the exam"
Synonyms: postpone, prorogue, hold over, put over, table, shelve, set back, defer, remit
- [verb] cause to feel intense dislike or distaste
Synonyms: turn off
- [verb] take away the enthusiasm of
- [verb] cause to feel embarrassment; "The constant attention of the young man confused her"
Synonyms: confuse, flurry, disconcert
- [verb] avoid or try to avoid fulfilling, answering, or performing (duties, questions, or issues); "He dodged the issue"; "she skirted the problem"; "They tend to evade their responsibilities"; "he evaded the questions skillfully"
Synonyms: hedge, fudge, evade, circumvent, parry, elude, skirt, dodge, duck, sidestep