- [adjective] of or relating to or attended by putrefaction; "putrid decomposition"
- [adjective] having undergone infection; "a purulent wound"
Synonyms: infected, purulent, pussy
- [adjective] in an advanced state of decomposition and having a foul odor; "horrible like raw and putrid flesh"- Somerset Maugham
Synonyms: putrefied, putrified
- [adjective] offensively malodorous; "a putrid smell"
Synonyms: fetid, foetid, foul, foul-smelling, funky, noisome, smelly, stinking
- [adjective] morally corrupt or evil; "the putrid atmosphere of the court"