- [noun] a feeling of intense anger; "hell hath no fury like a woman scorned"; "his face turned red with rage"
Synonyms: fury, madness
- [noun] a state of extreme anger; "she fell into a rage and refused to answer"
- [noun] something that is desired intensely; "his rage for fame destroyed him"
- [noun] violent state of the elements; "the sea hurled itself in thundering rage against the rocks"
- [noun] an interest followed with exaggerated zeal; "he always follows the latest fads"; "it was all the rage that season"
Synonyms: fad, craze, furor, furore, cult
- [verb] behave violently, as if in state of a great anger
Synonyms: ramp, storm
- [verb] be violent; as of fires and storms
- [verb] feel intense anger; "Rage against the dying of the light!"
flip one's lid, blow up, throw a fit, hit the roof, hit the ceiling, have kittens, have a fit, combust, blow one's stack, fly off the handle, flip one's wig, lose one's temper, blow a fuse, go ballistic
foam at the mouth, froth at the mouth