- [noun] a sudden short attack
Synonyms: foray, maraud
- [noun] an attempt by speculators to defraud investors
- [verb] search without warning, make a sudden surprise attack on; "The police raided the crack house"
- [verb] enter someone else's territory and take spoils; "The pirates raided the coastal villages regularly"
Synonyms: foray into
- [verb] take over (a company) by buying a controlling interest of its stock; "T. Boone Pickens raided many large companies"
- [verb] search for something needed or desired; "Our babysitter raided our refrigerator"