- [verb] pull back or move away or backward; "The enemy withdrew"; "The limo pulled away from the curb"
Synonyms: withdraw, retreat, pull away, draw back, pull back, retire, move back
- [verb] move back and away from; "The enemy fell back"
Synonyms: fall back, retire
- [verb] retreat
Synonyms: fall back, lose, drop off, fall behind
- [verb] become faint or more distant; "the unhappy memories of her childhood receded as she grew older"
- Search for synonyms for RECEDE
- recede, fall back, retire
- back up, back off, back down
- ebb, ebb away, ebb down, ebb out, ebb off
- retrograde, retreat