- [noun] the reasoning involved when you assume the conclusion is true and reason backward to the evidence
Synonyms: reasoning backward
- [noun] returning to a former state
Synonyms: ion, reversion, retrogression, retroversion
- [verb] go back to a statistical means
- [verb] go back to a previous state; "We reverted to the old rules"
Synonyms: revert, return, retrovert, turn back
- [verb] get worse; fall back to a previous or worse condition
Synonyms: retrograde, retrogress
- [verb] go back to bad behavior; "Those who recidivate are often minor criminals"
Synonyms: relapse, lapse, recidivate, retrogress, fall back
relapse, lapse, recidivate, regress, retrogress, fall back
recover, go back, recuperate
fall back, lose, drop off, fall behind, recede