- [noun] a compound with which fabrics are treated to repel water
- [noun] a chemical substance that repels animals
- [noun] the power to repel; "she knew many repellents to his advances"
- [adjective] serving or tending to repel; "he became rebarbative and prickly and spiteful"; "I find his obsequiousness repellent"
Synonyms: rebarbative, repellant
- [adjective] highly offensive; arousing aversion or disgust; "a disgusting smell"; "distasteful language"; "a loathsome disease"; "the idea of eating meat is repellent to me"; "revolting food"; "a wicked stench"
Synonyms: disgusting, disgustful, distasteful, foul, loathly, loathsome, repellant, repelling, revolting, skanky, wicked, yucky
- [adjective] incapable of absorbing or mixing with; "a water-repellent fabric"; "plastic highly resistant to steam and water"