- [verb] ring or echo with sound; "the hall resounded with laughter"
Synonyms: resound, echo, ring
- [verb] have a long or continuing effect; "The discussions with my teacher reverberated throughout my adult life"
- [verb] be reflected as heat, sound, or light or shock waves; "the waves reverberate as far away as the end of the building"
- [verb] to throw or bend back or reflect (from a surface); "A mirror in the sun can reflect light into a person's eyes"; "Sound is reflected well in this auditorium"
- [verb] spring back; spring away from an impact; "The rubber ball bounced"; "These particles do not resile but they unite after they collide"
Synonyms: bounce, resile, take a hop, spring, bound, rebound, recoil, ricochet
- [verb] treat, process, heatl, metl, or refine in a reverberating furnace; "reverberate ore"