- [verb] cause to regain consciousness; "The doctors revived the comatose man"
- [verb] give new life or energy to; "A hot soup will revive me"; "This will renovate my spirits"; "This treatment repaired my health"
Synonyms: animate, recreate, reanimate, renovate, repair, quicken, vivify, revivify
- [verb] be brought back to life, consciousness, or strength; "Interest in ESP revived"
- [verb] restore from a depressed, inactive, or unused state; "He revived this style of opera"; "He resurrected the tango in this remote part of Argentina"
- [verb] return to consciousness; "The patient came to quickly"; "She revived after the doctor gave her an injection"
Synonyms: come to, resuscitate