- [noun] a public act of violence by an unruly mob
Synonyms: public violence
- [noun] a state of disorder involving group violence
- [noun] a joke that seems extremely funny
Synonyms: belly laugh, sidesplitter, howler, thigh-slapper, scream, wow
- [noun] a wild gathering involving excessive drinking and promiscuity
Synonyms: orgy, debauch, debauchery, saturnalia, bacchanal, bacchanalia, drunken revelry
- [verb] take part in a riot; disturb the public peace by engaging in a riot; "Students were rioting everywhere in 1968"
- [verb] engage in boisterous, drunken merry-making; "They were out carousing last night"
Synonyms: carouse, roister