- [noun] a deep prolonged loud noise
Synonyms: boom, ing, thunder
- [noun] a very loud utterance (like the sound of an animal); "his bellow filled the hallway"
Synonyms: bellow, bellowing, holla, holler, hollering, hollo, holloa, ing, yowl
- [noun] the sound made by a lion
- [verb] make a loud noise, as of wind, water, or vehicles; "The wind was howling in the trees"; "The water roared down the chute"
- [verb] utter words loudly and forcefully; "`Get out of here,' he roared"
- [verb] emit long loud cries; "wail in self-pity"; "howl with sorrow"
Synonyms: howl, ululate, wail, yawl
- [verb] act or proceed in a riotous, turbulent, or disorderly way; "desperadoes from the hills regularly roared in to take over the town"-R.A.Billington
- [verb] make a loud noise, as of animal; "The bull bellowed"
- [verb] laugh unrestrainedly and heartily